So its been years since I last posted on here. I still read everyone elses blogs but to be honest I just wasn't finding that I had all that much to say. However I recently looked back on my posts and wished I had kept up, as a diary, a record keeper really, of our lives.
So here I am starting again. Hello to anyone reading this!
So, what has changed? Well Oaks will be four in October. Four? Seriously? How on earth did that happen?? He is currently at a wonderful nursery two mornings a week and loving it. (now.... he took a little while to settle in, so I enjoyed getting to know the other children and also watching everything.) We lost two of our chickens, Bramble and Hazel, but they were three and a half. We still have one of the original girls, Ash, who is on constant hormonal treatment to stop her producing eggs as it was making her very unwell. We have also added three new girls, Poppy, Lily and Rosie.
What else? Well the dreads have gone after 3 years. Loving the freedom, its like waking up again, or coming out of hibernation.
And I've been working for almost a year now as a manager as part of our funded breastfeeding service which is wonderful! Although waiting to hear back about continued funding is not quite so wonderful...watch this space.
Last weekend myself and Oaks went to his first festival-Eden-and stayed in a bell tent. Now I have always adored bell tents and yurts but this was my first time staying in one over night, and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Amazing... The festival on the other hand, although sold as being family friendly really could have been better. There were no random fabulous entertainers wondering around and they had put a VERY load dub and bass stage right next to family camping and it only stopped its music between 6am and 10am. Not brilliant. The weather was awful too so we went home a day early, but had a blast regardless.
Also this week we went to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Edinburgh which was amazing. Completely and utterly wonderful. He just glows with compassion. Breathtaking.
Oh, and can anyone please tell me how to upload photos onto my blog without it taking forever.....?!?
Welcome back! It is lovely to see you posting again! xx
ReplyDelete